We had this tasty Thai Red Curry just last night. I decided to try and make it in the slow cooker rather than in a pan (like I usually do). The result? The chicken was perfectly soft and infused with the red curry paste. I did add twice the amount of curry paste as recommended in my recipe below – I like it with a bit of kick. If you do too, feel free to add an extra tablespoon or 2.
The great thing about this recipe is it came in at just 282 calories per serving! Yay, room for a nice portion of rice too. I’m currently researching healthy and low calorie recipes for my slow cooker recipe book. I think this one has just earned itself a page 🙂
Enjoy this one and let me know what you think!
- 400 ml coconut milk (light)
- 500 g chicken breast, diced
- 4 tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 5 kaffir lime leave, (or juice of 1 lime)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tsp fresh root ginger, grated
- 120 ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, for garnish
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- Add all the ingredients apart from the chicken breast into the slow cooker and stir together.
- Place the diced chicken breast in the sauce, making sure it is all covered by the sauce.
- Cook on low for 3 hours.
- Garnish with fresh coriander. Serve with rice.