Grilled Fruit Kebabs are the perfect way to make a fruit salad more exciting. There is something about grilling them that makes them feel more treat like than if you were just to have them cold.
They are super easy to make, just grab whatever fruits you have on hand, chop them up and slide them on a kebab stick. If you don’t have any metal kebab sticks soak some wooden ones in water first (for about 20 minutes) and then you can use them in the same way.
Most fruits work on a fruit kebab but for maximum taste appeal try to include banana, mango, pineapple, strawberry, raspberry, kiwi or melon. If you want to sweeten it up a little more you can brush a little maple syrup or honey across them.
Grilled fruit kebabs can be made in an air fryer, on a BBQ (gas barbecue or coal) or just under the grill on your oven.
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 8 strawberries, halved
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 pineapple, peeled and cubed
- maple syrup, optional
- 4 tbsp natural yoghurt, optional
- If you are using wooden skewers soak them in water for 20 minutes prior to using. While they are soaking prepare the fruit. Alternatively use metal skewers.
- Thread fruit chunks evenly on to each skewer.
- Optional: brush a little maple syrup or honey across each kebab.
- Place under a grill (air fryer at 180C/350F, bbq or oven grill) for 3-5 minutes, turning.
- Serve with some natural yoghurt (optional).