Meatballs are a staple in our household. They are super easy to make, whether you make them yourself from minced beef, or buy the meatballs already moulded into balls. Either kind can be made in the airfryer, and they only take 7 minutes to cook.
Last night I made ours from some beef mince I had, the recipe is below. As we have the smaller Phillips Air Fryer I used a trivet inside the air fryer basket so that I could cook on two layers. This saved me the time from cooking our meal in two batches.
Once they were cooked (did I say they only took 7 minutes?!!) I transferred them to a cake tin that I use in the air fryer – you can use any ovenproof container you have that will fit the air fryer, or get yourself some air fryer accessories to use, mine have come in really useful.
I poured 500g of garlic and herb passata over the top and put it back in the air fryer for another 6 minutes (at a lower temperature) to warm the sauce through. Then, I just scooped it onto cooked spaghetti, melted a little cheese on top, and we had ourselves a tasty homemade dinner.
I’m currently working on my air fryer recipe book – do you want to grab it when it is available for free download? Sign up below and I’ll let you know when it’s ready! (I’ll also send you some great air fryer recipes in the meantime!)
Update: I decided to make a video of me making the meatballs – I’m still getting used to speaking on camera so go easy on me 😉
- 500g lean beef mince, (1 pound)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 egg
- 1tbsp breadcrumbs, (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Using your hands, form small round balls (this recipe makes about 16, depending on size of meatballs)
- Place meatballs in air fryer and cook at 180C/350F for 7 minutes. Check half way through and turn over if necessary.
- If you want to add a sauce, once the meatballs are cooked transfer them to an ovenproof dish/pan that will fit in the Airfryer. Pour your choice of tomato sauce on top and place container in Airfryer tray. Cook at 180C/350F for about 6-8 minutes, or until the sauce is warmed through.
- Serve with spaghetti and melted cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 158mg Sodium: 137mg Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 38g