Are you drinking enough water? Plenty of us don't consume nearly enough. The benefits of drinking water are plentiful, yet somehow we don't always drink enough.
To some, water is uninteresting and not an inspiring drink.
Enter the fruit infused water bottle. Not only will you reap the rewards of water, you will also be benefitting from the nutrients and vitamins abundant in the ingredients you infuse.
You can buy bottles of flavoured water in the supermarket - and at first I thought this was a great way to encourage my family and I to drink more water - but as I took a closer look at the ingredients I realised they were full of sugar (some of them even had more than popular fizzy drinks) and other unnatural ingredients.
So, with that in mind, I jumped at the chance to research and test out some fruit infused water bottles - especially when I discovered how cheap they were!
Quick Comparison Table
|EMPO||700ml or 750ml||Leak proof, shatterproof, lifetime guarantee, recipe e-book||See on Amazon|
|Living & Giving Sports Bottle||455ml||Silicone handle, 3 colour choices, glass||See on Amazon|
|Basily Infuser Bottle||830ml||Leak proof, shatterproof, guarantee, recipe e-book,||See on Amazon|
|Fruit and Tea Infusion Pitcher||2.8L||3 interchangeable infusers, suitable for hot & cold beverages||See on Amazon|
- BPA free - reduce the risk of potentially harmful chemicals entering your water.
- Size - although it's good to have more storage capacity for your drink, if you will be carrying it around with you (to the gym, work etc) then consider how transportable it is. Will it fit in your fridge?
- The lid - can you drink straight from the bottle? How easy is it to access?
- The filter - make sure it can keep the ingredients from the drinking water whilst allowing the flavour to infuse with the water in the quickest time possible.
- How robust is it? - you want your bottle to be durable to withstand any knocks or drops.
- Holding hot water - if you want to experiment with hot water infusions you need to make sure your bottle can withstand boiling or hot temperatures.
- Is it leak proof? - It sounds obvious but some brands might not be as well made as others. Check reviews to make sure nobody has reported any issues with water leaking out. There is nothing worse than arriving at the gym to discover a wet kit!
- Is it dishwasher safe? - This might not be a deal breaker for you as most bottles are super easy and quick to hand wash, but it's worth knowing incase you do pop it in the dishwasher.
- Does it have a warranty? - Although most of the bottles are very economical to buy, it's worth checking how easy they are to take back for a refund should they break.
Fruit Infused Water Bottle Reviews
- Leak proof & shatterproof
- BPA free material
- Choice of 2 sizes (700ml or 750ml)
- Removable infuser
- Lifetime warranty
- Durable and lightweight
A popular and economical product. EMPO are so confident in their product that they offer a lifetime guarantee. The bottle can be put in your dishwasher - but you will be using it so often I think you'll want it available at all times! It is very easy to wash by hand.
The size and the durability of the bottle make it a great option for taking out and about to sip on throughout the day. There is plenty of room at the bottom to pop some ice cubes in to make the drink even cooler.
- Made from glass
- Smaller compact size (450ml capacity)
- Soft silicone carry strap
- Choice of 3 different colours
- Two lids
This is a smaller bottle which might suit people who just want to make enough water for themselves or have limited space in the fridge to keep it chilled. I like the idea of drinking my infused water from glass rather than plastic. The only problem I would have is I wouldn't then want to take it out as a sports drink incase it smashed.
The double lids is quite unique. The lid at the base is where you unscrew it and add the fruits/herbs or other ingredients. This has the benefit of the stronger flavour lasting to the bottom of the drink rather than it gradually getting weaker.
A cute bottle which I would probably just use at home rather than going out and about with it (owing to it being made from glass).
- BPA free material
- 64oz/830ml capacity
- Leak proof and shatterproof
- Dishwasher safe
- Free recipe e-book
- Lifetime guarantee
Another well made and economical bottle for making flavoured waters. The capacity for this one is slightly bigger than the others at 64oz (approx. 830ml) .
A downside to the bottle is that you have to unscrew the lid to drink directly from the bottle so perhaps not ideal for gym or sports use.
The free recipe e-book is a nice extra to get you started with your first flavoured waters.
- BPA free
- 2.8 Litre capacity
- 3 interchangeable infusers
- Suitable for hot and cold beverages
- Dishwasher safe
The fruit and tea infusion pitcher is brilliant for entertaining, families or just for making larger quantities of flavoured drinks for yourself!
Where this pitcher really excels is with the 3 interchangeable infusers, giving you the opportunity to create a wide range od tasty drinks, especially as you can also create hot beverages.
Loose leaf tea infuser made from stainless steel - make hot or cold brewed tea.
Fruit and herb infuser - make tasty flavoured waters
Ice infuser - keep your drinks cold without diluting the flavour of the drink.
Although this is much larger and more expensive than other infusion bottles, it is definitely worth the investment to be used at home alongside a more portable option that you can take out and about.
The Verdict - Which Is The Best Fruit Infusing Water Bottle?
All of them are great infusion bottles/pitchers. They offer value for money, are well made and leak proof.
If you are after a portable fruit infused water bottle to take out to the gym or whilst exercising, I would recommend the Empo Infusion Water Bottle.
If you are trying to encourage the whole family to get involved in drinking more water (in a healthy way) I can highly recommend the Fruit and Tea Infusion Pitcher.
Or, you could keep yourself covered for all eventualities and get both the bottle and the pitcher! Just think how hydrated you will be :)